Highlight this date in your calendar ladies – Sunday May 14th – because it’s MOTHER’S DAY! The day of the year we show our mums just how much we love them (which you should be doing every day anyway).
To help celebrate the occasion, check out some of these great gift ideas – give mum a chic, mindful gift this year, she’ll love it!
When you’re checking out these brands, have a look at their ‘About Us’ pages and you’ll find out more on why they were included in this chic gift guide.
The Chic Gift Guide for Mother’s Day
- Dalmata Mini Espresso Set $29.95 – Renegades of Chic – One of the great things about this company is that their packaging is 100% plastic-free and recyclable and they provide 100% carbon-neutral shipping worldwide.
- Makeup Brushes $89.99 – Furless Cosmetics – A 100% vegan makeup company that uses packaging which is either biodegradable, recyclable or made from recycled materials. They are also official sponsors of Wildlife A.R.C.
- Watch $190.00 – Time IV Change – A fitting name for a vegan watch company with values set around being eco friendly and compassionate.
- Organic Relax Massage 60 min $120.00 – Endota Spa – Give the gift of relaxation with a gift card for Endota Spa, a company that uses only cruelty free products and has their own certified organic range of luxury skincare.
- bon crew tee $99.00 – bon – This Parisian chic brand uses only GOTS certified organic cotton and garments are made ethically in australia, the brand itself is accredited by Ethical Clothing Australia.
- Flawless Skin Kit $40.00 (approx) – PÜR Cosmetics – 100% cruelty free and an eco-friendly brand that is committed to minimizing waste and using responsibly sourced ingredients.
- Ridley Cross Body Bag $170.00 (approx) – GUNAS New York – This brand is completely vegan, uses zero PVC, and the custom logo hardware is made using recycled metals and is 24 carat gold plated. They also believe and support ethical working conditions for their workers.
- Organic Sheet Set $220.00 Queen size – Elkie and Ark – All their cotton products are made from 100% accredited Fairtrade and Certified GOTS organic cotton. The company also packages their sheets in a beautiful re-usable bag which is sustainably wrapped and perfect for gifting.
Don’t forget that thrift shopping is a great way to be eco-friendly and get something truly unique and special, just stay away from the rubbish and knockoffs that pop up on ebay.
So give a mindful gift this year that will have a positive impact on the world and send the good karma flying forward 🙂
And don’t forget, the gift of time is the best gift you can give. Spending quality time with your mum and creating memories will be cherished more than anything you can buy her.
For more ethical gift ideas, check out The Eco, Ethical and Enviable Gift Guide of 2016.
*There are affiliate links included in this post.
Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful mum!