Are you forever searching for a product that can bring that glow and dewiness to your skin? Perhaps this is the product for you. Today I am reviewing the Physicians Formula Argan Wear BB Cream, which retails in Australia for around $26.00.
Physicians Formula describes the cream as follows –
Luxurious, high performance formula evens out skin tone, vanishing flaws and imperfections and smoothing skin texture without ever leaving a greasy feel or finish. SPF 30. Infused with 100% Pure Argan Oil, know as liquid gold for its rich conditioning benefits that can improve skin’s brightness, tone, texture, and elasticity.
After using this cream A LOT, this is what I have found:
- I LOVE the smell of this cream. It’s really strong and hard to describe, but being that it is an argan oil infused cream, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that is part of the smell. The reviews on this smell are divided. Some people absolutely hate the scent and one reviewer likened it to the smell of aquanet. Sooooo yeah, you’ll want to like the smell cause you can’t escape it, but I personally really enjoy it.
- It has great coverage for a BB Cream in that it really reduces redness and evens out the complexion of the skin, which is great for creating a quick ‘thisistotallynotnatural’ natural look during the day.
- It leaves you with a VERY glowy finish.
- It’s paraben free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, SPF 30 and gluten free (if any of that matters to you).
- Whilst I love the glow that the cream gives initially, if you are prone to oiliness throughout the day, you may find it feels and gets much oilier as the day goes on. It would be ideal for those with normal to dry complexions.
- I prefer to mix this cream with my Nars Sheer Glow foundation. Those two products together are fantastic for me.
- The shade light/medium is quite dark, you may need to mix it with a lighter foundation or custom cover drops to lighten it for lighter skin tones. It is also available in the shade light, but it is hard to locate and appears to be only online (at least in Australia).
- Use a primer to help prevent the cream from sliding or separating throughout the day.
- Set areas that are prone to oiliness with powder.
- Try mixing the cream with one of your foundations, you may be pleasantly surprised. It will also help you to colour match to your skin better.
- Try different methods of application. I prefer using the Real Techniques buffing brush for this cream over using my fingers or a beauty blender. However, finger application is actually fine when in a hurry.
- For extra luminosity, add a touch of liquid highlighter.
I really like this cream and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from dry skin and wants to try get an effortless glow. I have already finished my second tube of it and consider it a staple in my makeup collection.