I have finally joined the liquid lipstick game people! I’m sure you’re all thinking ‘it’s about bloody time woman!’ I know, I know! It’s taken me a while to jump on this bandwagon because I just have so many lipsticks and lip glosses that it just wasn’t on the top of my to-do list. For the record the closest I’ve gotten to this trend is the TooFaced Melted Lipsticks and I don’t know if I’d completely classify them as a liquid lippy like some of the others… Anyway, I figured if I was going to do this I might as well go hard or go home.
I knew I wanted a nice dark red (my fave) and I always start with the more affordable brands when trying something new. You might as well fall in love with something more affordable than something expensive (I also have a clothing habit to support here!).
I picked up the Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream in the awesome shade ‘Buda Pash’ for $10.49AUD (bargain). It is a gorgeous, almost ox blood shade of red. Here is what I have found since using this (I have put it to the test don’t worry):
- It smells like Grape Hubba Bubba (yessssssssss my favourite!)
- The color is amazing, but again, that is personal preference.
- It does go on a bit patchy, but it’s soft formula makes it very workable so you can get full, even coverage.
- It doesn’t take long to dry after you apply it and when it does it’s very comfortable. Not overly drying on the lips at all.
- Once dry it does not transfer.
- If you are only drinking whilst wearing it, the colour will last for AGES. If you eat a meal, it will wear away on the inner lips.
- The doe foot applicator allows for (semi) easy application. An even smaller sized doe foot applicator would make it a bit easier to get a more precise application.
- It doesn’t cake or flake off.
- Get a lip pencil to match this shade and line your lips with it first. It helps to get a much cleaner line.
- DON’T smack your lips together as you’re applying it like you would with lipstick. It will transfer off one lip on to the other when wet. Allow to dry.
- Exfoliate lips before use.
- Australis is a CCF certified brand (Choose Cruelty Free) and this product is vegan friendly and does not contain palm oil.