You Tube beauty gurus are some of the most influential people when it comes to makeup and skincare trends. Their rave reviews and positive opinions on products can cause world wide sale frenzies for items you may have never considered or even heard of before.
Below is a list of cruelty free brands that you may or may not have heard of and some of their cult ‘must have’ items according to many popular You Tubers.
- Anastasia Beverley Hills (Peta Certified) – The ABH Brow Wiz is an absolute must have according to the You Tube beauty gurus
- Becca Cosmetics – YouTuber Jaclyn Hill’s collaboration with Becca – Champagne Pop – made sure everyone’s highlight was on FLEEK
- BH Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny Certified) – Carli Bybel did a super affordable collab with BH to make the Carli Bybel palette which had subscribers going crazy
- Charlotte Tilbury – Her skin care products and bronzing/highlighting products are received very well within the community
- Colourpop – One of the most used/referred to/talked and raved about brands for affordable eyeshadows. Everyone goes crazy when YouTuber Kathleen Lights does a new collab with them
- Cover FX (Peta Certified, 100% Vegan) – The Custom Cover Drops absolute cult fave from this brand, allowing you to customize any product in your beauty regime
- E.L.F. (Peta Certified) – Super affordable drugstore brand get rave reviews on their studio line brushes
- Girlactik – Another popular one for liquid lippy, their Matte Lip Paints are incredibly popular, as well as matte bronzers
- Hourglass (Peta Certified) – Their Ambient Lighting Powders has everyone glowing
- IT Cosmetics (Peta Certified) – The Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer has everyone looking awake and fresh, just ask LustreLux or Desi Perkins
- Jeffrey Star – In this current world ruled by liquid lipsticks, Jeffrey Star is often touted as having the BEST formula. Just ask NikkiTutorials
- Kat von D (Peta Certified, Owned by Kendo) – What isn’t to love about this brand apparently – The Shade and Light palette is reviewed as one of the best contour kits around and everyone is clamoring over the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade ‘Lolita II’
- Koh Gen Do – Everyone had the Maifanshi Aqua Foundation in Monthly Faves lists at some point in 2015
- Lorac – The Lorac Pro palettes are always included in the palette must haves!
- Milani – Another very affordable drugstore brand that delivers the goods. Everyone seems to own and love the Baked Blushes, especially in shade Luminoso
- Morphe – Their 35O eyeshadow palette was made an absolute must have by everyone after reviewed by Jaclyn Hill. It’s continually sold out.
- Nars (Owned by Shiseido) – The Sheer Glow foundation is always a fave as well as their Radiant Creamy Concealer
- NYX (Owned by L’Oréal) – Everyone loves something from NYX, but their blush in the shade Taupe is a go to for contouring
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (Peta Certified, 100% Vegan) – The lip pencils are often featured in makeup tutorials
- OFRA Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny Certified) – OFRA exploded when they collaborated with KathleenLights to create the liquid lipsticks ‘Miami Fever’ and ‘Havana Nights’
- Physicians Formula (Peta Certified) – This brand’s Shimmer Strips are often compared to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks and are loved by all
- Tarte (Peta Certified, Owned by Kose) – Everyone wants (and owns) a Tartlette palette and for good reason apparently!
- Tatcha – The Dewy Skin Mist became a cult favorite after people found out it was used by Kim Kardashian’s MUA
- The Balm – Bahama Mama and Mary Lou-Manizer are cult faves from this brand to bronzer, contour and highlight
- Too Faced (Peta Certified) – Everything is a fave pretty much, but at the top of the list is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette
- Urban Decay (Owned by L’Oréal) – almost everything is a cult fave but this brand is always known for their Naked eyeshadow palettes